Sunday, July 30, 2006

Do You Know this Song?

We learned this at a local Baptist church. The words are so good and with the melody, it's beautiful.



Before the throne of God above,
I have a strong, a perfect plea,
A great High Priest whose name is "Love,"
Who ever lives and pleads for me.

My name is graven on His hands,
My name is written on His heart;
I know that while in heav'n He stands
no tongue can bid me thence depart.
No tongue can bid me thence depart.

When Satan tempts me to despair,
and tells me of the guilt within,
upward I look and see Him there
Who made an end to all my sin.

Because the sinless Saviour died,
my sinful soul is counted free;
For God, the Just, is satisfied
to look on him and pardon me.
to look on him and pardon me.

Behold him there! the risen Lamb,
my perfect, spotless Righteousness,
the great unchangeable I AM,
the King of glory and of grace!

One with Himself I cannot die,
My soul is purchased by His blood;
My life is hid with Christ on high,
with Christ, my Saviour and my God
with Christ, my Saviour and my God


CCLI #1360011
Charite Lees Bancroft, Vikki Cook © 1997 PDI Worship

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't know the song but enjoyed looking it up on cyberhymnal and finding several different tunes that work with it's meter including the tunes from "Sweet Hour of Prayer" and "And Can It Be That I Should Gain".

11:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE those words. I don't believe I've heard it. Thanks for posting that. Those words are so true!

2:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We sing this song at our church too. I love it. Jessica, I had to laugh at your post, a cyberhymnal?? What a Pillman thing to use! :)

4:27 PM  
Blogger HeatherErin said...

When I was trying to find a copy of the song online, I discoved that it was originally a hymn, and someone put a modern tune to it, which is the one we learned. You can find a fast and corny rendition of it at: http://www.enter.net/~forester/beforethrone.html

4:35 PM  
Blogger Brittney said...

Since hearing it on that site, I'm sure I've heard it somewhere else. It's beautiful, even in the corny arrangement :). Thanks! I can see what Peter means about it ranking right up there with Stuart Townend's How Deep the Father's Love for Us.

4:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was so great to see you guys last night. I can't believe how big Peter is getting.

9:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A women in our church and her daughter recently sang this song. It was a celtic style with flute and piano accompaniement. It was beautiful!

7:26 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home