Friday, May 05, 2006

New Things

I love getting new things. Even if they are small. I remember when I was first on my "own;" at age eighteen I went to work at IBLP. I got the greatest thrill just running to Jewel/Osco to buy my basic needs. It was so fun to use my new shampoo and toothbrush.

I'm still the same way. New blogs, new clothes, new potato peeler. I think a life without new things coming into it is a boring life. The secret is to stay content with the small stuff. If you remain happy with little things, life will always be fun. Which is why I never want to be rich. (At least really rich. :)

They don't even have to be things. A new experience, a new skill, a new interest, a new perspective on something. I have often found that one thing which breathes more life into a relationship is something new to talk about!

Actually, we've had a couple big things added to our life recently. First, a new car. We needed something towable for the alpacas. After seven months of advertising, we finally sold our family car, and a day later, this beauty fell into our lap. It's a '98 Mazda MPV and it's in perfect condition.

The next is our first baby alpaca! The cria turned out to be a boy, but his coloring is lovely. We decided to name him Starbucks. He is tinier than he looks in pictures, and so fun to watch bouncing around the pasture! And he's so soft. Can anything be better than new life, whether it be plant, or animal, or human?

Here's a question for you all: last Sunday we were reading the parable of the sower. Before Jesus gave the interpretation to his disciples, he explained that he taught in parables so that the people would not understand what he was really saying and have their sins forgiven. (Mark 4:11-12) Now, do any of you have ideas as to why He would say that? Didn't he come to earth in order that people would be converted and have forgiveness of sins? What do you think?

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so glad to see you have a blog! I didn't know that you owned a horse.

9:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey! It's good to "see" you again! I'm glad you have a blog. I hope you update soon. :) We're looking forward to seeing you this week-end, but we wish you could stay longer. And we don't want your sisters to go home yet. :( See you soon!

8:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Hedy! Nice blog!! (there, I finally commented.)

3:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow,I have never read anyone's blog. I really like it! You did a nice job. I will try to read it more often so I can check up on you! I'll show the children your pictures of the puppies and the alpacas. Hope to talk to you soon!

10:24 PM  
Blogger Alyssa Faith said...

About your question. Here is an article that I believe will be helpful to answer it:

http://www.desiringgod.org/library/sermons/03/083103.html

7:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

se us with your site again and again
- pathsofmercy.blogspot.com k
07 car civic honda
buy used car
car undefined used
used car bergen
used car oakland
used car greensboro
used car raleigh
used car killeen
used car vallejo
used car tacoma

7:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice site! denied health benefits because of meridia Bm volvo tractor used naturopathic treatment of eczema Proactiv solution acne system isawitontv proactive Drug interactions with zyrtec

6:06 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home