Saturday, July 08, 2006

Raspberry Time


July is raspberry month where I live. After waiting all year for these wonderful treats, I now am having a hard time keeping up with my ambitious planting. I love raspberries, so when we first moved here, I made sure to plop some in the ground right away. Little did I know, I had gotten sterile plants, and spent three years waiting in vain for berries. I made up for my misfortune by planting nearly two rows of good raspberries in my garden. I would love to freeze them, but they take so long to pick, and we end up eating them all.

Here's a recipe for those of you who are likewise blessed. It was given to me by a nice family in western Wisconsin. These are just wonderful with tea or coffee.


Jensens' Raspberry Custard Kuchen

1 1/2 cups flour, divided
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 cup cold butter
2 TBLSP. whipping cream
1/4 cup sugar
3 cups fresh raspberries (we use slightly less)

Topping:
1/2 cup sugar
1 TBLSP. flour
2 eggs, beaten
1 cup whipping cream
1 tsp. vanilla

In a bowl, combine 1 cup flour & salt; cut in butter
until resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in cream. Pat
into a 9x13 greased pan. Combine the sugar and
remaining flour; sprinkle over crust. Arrange rasp.
over crust. For topping, combine sugar and flour.
Stir in eggs, cream and vanilla; pour over berries.
Bake at 375 for 40-45 mins. or until very lightly
browned. (I usually set timer about 5 mins early
then keep a close watch). Serve warm or chilled.
Store in refrig. Serves 9-12, depends on how big
you cut the slices.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I remember that recipe.

SuperYum.

9:45 AM  
Blogger muzic4him said...

Sounds tasty! Next time we have raspberries I may just have to try that!

3:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like your blog!

11:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Raspberries are the best! I was picking them with Cindi out behind the barn this morning and they were so yummy.

4:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work » » »

7:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:25 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home