Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Beautiful Flowers in my Garden


I took our new camera outside today and took some pictures of things that are blooming right now. I hope I got the macro to work right. . .








This is a Dropmore Honeysuckle. It is very hardy and neat looking and the hummingbirds love it. It is very funny to watch the fat bumblebees on it. They have to squish their bodies into those narrow flowers to get the pollen. The vine covers some ugly utilities by the front entrance.



















Coralbells. They actually like my icky soil. I have two plants. The hummers like these too.



















Lily of the Valley. The most exquisite perfume of spring. Anybody want some? They're taking over the bed.
















Bleeding Heart. Not very many blooms on my bushes this year. And very late.
























Saponaria or Soapwort. I guess if you mix the leaves with water they make soapsuds.



















Bridal Wreath. This shrub is almost done and it's not even June yet. Is it just me or does everything seem to be blooming at weird times this year?




















Viburnum or cranberry bush. They're blooming for the first time this year and I think the blossoms are very interesting.



















Perennial Geranium. I bought this little plant on a whim and it blooms happily in the center of the driveway where nothing else likes to grow.



















And an old-fashioned Rugosa rose. Very fragrant.























And my favorite flower of all!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like your favorite flower too!

7:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I liked your pictures. Keep 'em comin :)

5:07 PM  
Blogger Brittney said...

sooo, sooo sweet! the last pic was my favorite flower too ;)

11:42 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

love the new look! good job!

5:03 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home